1947 Cadillac Series 62 Convertible Burgundy Metallic 1/18 Diecast Model Car by Autoworld
Regular price $139.50 USD
Regular priceUnit price per
- Brand new 1/18 scale diecast car model of 1947 Cadillac Series 62 Convertible Burgundy Metallic die cast model car by Autoworld.
- Limited edition.
- Brand new box.
- Real rubber tires.
- Steerable wheels.
- Has carpeted interior.
- Officially licensed product.
- Opening hood, doors and trunk.
- Made of diecast with some plastic parts.
- Detailed interior, exterior, engine compartment.
- Dimensions approximately L-11.75, W-4.25, H-3.25 inches.
- The Cadillac Series 62 was first introduced for the 1940 model year. During this time, Cadillac began trimming its vehicle lineup, slowly phasing out the lower-end models and the super-luxurious V16 monsters. The consolidation of brands and models was a wise move to survive WWII. The war took its toll on the entire car industry, and Cadillac was no exception. By 1947, Cadillac was only producing 12 models under 4 different series-nearly a quarter of their output from just 6 years earlier. As WWII ended and Americans returned to work, people ordered new cars by the thousands. From 1946 into 1947, there were over 100,000 unfulfilled orders. Weathering the storm of demand, 84% of cars produced by Cadillac in 1947 were the Series 62.